Green Cola combines great taste with natural ingredients: sweeteners from the Stevia plant and natural caffeine from Green Coffee Beans. Our products contain zero aspartame, zero sugar, zero preservatives, and zero phosphoric acid.
Historically cultivated in Paraguay and Brazil, Stevia’s green leaves are 200-300 times sweeter than sugar. The advantage of Stevia is not only that it’s sweeter, but it also has zero calories.
We chose Stevia as our primary sweetener because it:
- Is an all-natural sweetener
- Has no calories, no carbohydrates
- Aids digestion and gastrointestinal functions
- Improves concentration and helps fight fatigue
- Is an option for people who want to reduce or maintain their weight
- Has zero impact on the glycemic index (G.I.) and the glycemic load (G.L.), making Stevia suitable for people with diabetes, since it contains no carbohydrates and does not affect blood glucose.
Stevia is a plant native to South America. It is part of the sunflower family, and its leaves are naturally sweet. In fact, the indigenous people of Paraguay used to chew them for their sweet taste, and use them to naturally sweeten beverages.
The leaves of the stevia plant contain sweet tasting components, each with their own unique taste profile, and sweetness intensity can be anywhere from 200 to 350 times sweeter than sugar – but without the calories!
Stevia has been used for hundreds of years and today its use in foods and beverages is backed by science. There are now over 200 scientific research studies that support the science and safety of high-purity stevia extracts used in foods and beverages.
How It’s Made
To release the sweetness, the steviol glycosides (the sweet part of the plant) are extracted and purified from freshly grown Stevia leaf.
This process is very similar to other common ingredients, like extracting sucrose from sugarcane or vanilla extract from the vanilla bean. This process produces high-purity stevia leaf extract, which meets the specifications approved by major regulatory bodies for use in foods and beverages around the world.
Green Coffee Beans
Green coffee is the unroasted beans from a coffee plant. The beans contain all natural caffeine that provides the amazing boost in every can or bottle of Green Cola. By using unroasted coffee beans, chlorogenic acid remains in the beans, providing numerous health benefits, including:
- Aiding weight loss by boosting the body’s metabolism and fat burning ability
- Preventing diabetes and heart disease
- Regulating blood sugar levels
- Protects the liver
- Eases pain and helps in faster recovery through anti-microbial properties